Orange is the New Green YUPO
Print by Premier says "Orange" is the new "Green"
At YUPO Corporation America, our respect for the environment is unwavering. This unqualified respect is reflected in both our products and our manufacturing processes, and we are committed to honoring our internal mandate for resolute environmental stewardship. Our parent companies, Oji Paper Company and Mitsubishi Chemical Company, are equally committed to honoring this mandate.
Our Forest, Seas, and Air
YUPO Corporation America is vigilant about preserving and protecting our vital natural resources in the manufacture of YUPO synthetic papers.
- YUPO is a 100% "tree–free" product, containing neither timber nor any other organic fiber. As such, YUPO contributes to the preservation of our natural timber resources.
- YUPO synthetic paper generates no detectable amounts of sulfur, chlorine, nitrogen, or dioxin gases when properly incinerated and generates less heat energy compared to other plastics.
- YUPO Corporation America is a proud sponsor of and is endorsed by the Waterless Printing Association, an international organization dedicated to the reduction and eventual elimination of water in the printing process.
- No ozone layer threatening emissions result from the manufacturing process.
- YUPO synthetic paper is a category 5 polypropylene (PP) plastic film and is 100% recyclable.
- Due to its exceptional durability, YUPO normally enters the waste stream at a far slower rate than conventional paper and will remain inert in any approved landfill. Safely incinerated in a modern facility with an atmosphere of excess oxygen, YUPO will yield only water, carbon dioxide and ash.
- YUPO synthetic papers can be reclaimed as a plastic resin and used in manufacturing a wide variety of both industrial and consumer products. These products exhibit the same performance characteristics as those made with virgin plastics.
- We maintain a standard of 100% compliance with all applicable environmental laws, and we are committed to effecting continual improvements in our processes and to developing environmentally compatible manufacturing technologies and products.
- YUPO synthetic papers are manufactured at our state-of-the-art facility in Chesapeake, Virginia. Local environmental authorities have officially recognized our facility and our employees for "demonstrating a commitment to environmental excellence in the handling and discharge of wastewater."
- Our concern for the environment is reflected at every level of our company and our employees participate in an aggressive incentive program, which is designed to encourage, recognize, and reward strict adherence to the highest environmental standards.
Our Legacy, Our Future
- For more than three decades, Yupo Corporation America has been in the forefront of the paper industry in the research and development of innovative manufacturing technologies.
- We invite you to join with us in our commitment to protecting the environment through responsible use of our natural resources. Every Brand Builder is manufactured with this synthetic paper!